Sunday, January 2, 2011

Quick Round up of stuff I haven't mentioned

There were several films I saw while traveling this summer that I haven't written up yet and in the interest of completeness should be mentioned:

Invictus - Should have been great, was tolerable at best

Before the Devil Knows you're dead - Man this was bleak, well made film though

Prince of Persia - Pass

Robin Hood - Unnecessary

Raging Bull - Bleak as hell, and probably not as good as the hype suggests. Still you can't dismiss the artistry.

The Devil Wears Prada - A plane selection, and I think I'm the first person who ever watched this back to back with raging bull. I've had a lot of people tell me how great it was and I was curious. It was okay, but I'm tired of films where the protagonist can't get a high powered job without alienating everyone in their life. A lot of people can maintain perfectly normal lives while finding the intensity of their work rewarding. Whatever.

Valentines Day - Obviously this was a plane viewing. You know how bad the reviews were? Its worse, almost offensively bad. Its the type of film I never watch voluntarily, and if this is what passes for a mainstream romantic comedy I weep for everybody who has to sit through them. I'm serious, you have no idea how much this sucked.

I also watched all three lord of the rings films back to back to back on a 15 hour flight and I was surprised how well they held up. The stuff with Frodo really drags, but otherwise they were still engaging films and I was surprised how much I enjoyed watching them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment