Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

So I haven't read the books, or seen the swedish original. Other than a passing knowledge of the main character I really came into the film uninformed so I think I can actually give a pretty clean opinion. Basically I just found the film to be okay, but ultimately flawed. Oh its watchable, but I found the central mystery to be pretty run of the mill and uninteresting. This is a big problem since much of the film's (two hour and forty minute) run-time is devoted to trying to find this girl that went missing from a family of a bunch of rich ex nazis 30 years ago. Since I didn't substantially care what happened this left me just sort of feeling kind of 'meh' at the resolution.

That said, I think Lisabeth is actually a pretty interesting character, and I'll check out the subsequent films just to see if they can do anything substantial with her. It didn't interest me enough to check out the books though which I think indicates its ultimate failure.

Also, this has been pointed out elsewhere, there is a scene that will absolutely change the way you listen to Enya (which I know you all do, you are only human).

No comments:

Post a Comment