Friday, March 12, 2010

One Tree Hill: Don't you forget about me

Tonights concurrent viewing will be the second half of the Cal-UCLA Pac-10 semi-final. Michael Roll needs to die.

-As promised I'm doubling back an episode to see the special eighties dance themed episode. Of course the episode opens with a certain talking heads song.
-Clay: We're only a couple hundred miles away from tree and we're in a corvette, well be home before you can say Yao Ming'
Drives said corvette over parking spikes
Nathan: Yao Ming
-Ahhhh, Nathan needed to get back for haley's birthday. Now she thinks he forgot. I'm sure this won't end with a slow dance set to a song with tons of synthesizers
-THEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ROBERTSONNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Jaime, the sly fox, cons his way into staying home alone.
-Two completely random characters (one of them is helpfully black, thus fulfilling the shows quota of minorities) are suddenly Mouth's roommates, and are apparently well known enough to babysit Jaime. I love how they just introduce new people and expect me to accept it. Don't you play with my heart One Tree Hill.
-Nathan and Clay's only option to get home is to ride on the back on a pickup carrying pigs. Because...North Carolina doesn't have taxis? Anyway Bridge is out. I guess this episode is going to be a low rent version of Planes Trains and Automobiles.
-Jaime's idea of going crazy is making root beer floats and giant pancakes. I hope a drifter stops by the house and murders him.
-Or they could have him find all the decorations for his moms birthday. My scenario's better.
-Patrick Christopher! - Suck it Bruins
-Julian's favorite director is...John Hughes. 'Because those just weren't movies about teenagers they were about the struggle everyone has to find themselves. Talk about a director with clear vision. I'd like to make a movie half as good as his' All right lets just calm down there chief. I like Ferris Beuller as much as anybody, but I don't think making a film half as good as Home Alone is really what I would consider a particularly impressive life goal.
-Wow, Cheap Trick is playing the eighties dance...and they don't look well. Seriously Bun E Carlos looks like he just had a catheter removed. Man...Cheap Trick. What are the odds even 1% of this show's target demographic knows who they are? I have to know the payout the label gave the CW for this placement.
-Jerome Randle is the man.
-Clay and Nathan are getting pissy with eachother while wandering through the woods. They'll probably start making out soon.
-I really like Jorge Gutierrez
-Stupid Michael Roll, suck against everyone else and go for 20 a game against Cal.
-Nathan buys Porsche from some woman on the highway to get home on time and then tells Haley its her birthday present. This is going to be awkward when she finds the dead hooker in the trunk.
-And Cheap Trick brings out something from the new album. Not a good idea.
-Nathan: What Are you going to wish for
Haley: I already have everything I ever wanted
They Kiss, and for some reason are sitting on the kitchen table so they can reenact some John Hughes film.

And the closing title card says the episode was dedicated to big John's memory. Hasn't the man's family suffered enough?


No comments:

Post a Comment