Tuesday, May 12, 2009

One Tree Hill

I'll be honest there's been two episodes that I haven't blogged and while they've been amazing (Peyton gets in a horrible car accident but shows no sign of it right after, Skills hits on Jaime's teacher, Nathan turns down a contract to play in europe) I don't think you'll be to confused by the plot discussion here if I don't do an extensive recap.

-Anyway this weeks episode begins with Peyton recording a video for her kid to watch, you know since she might die in childbirth, and tells the kid about a playlist she prepared that her spawn should listen too whenever they get down (playlist called 100 songs to save your life - seriously, what do you want to bet it features the Fray). Well not only does the list feature the typical boring hipster nonsense (Audioslave, the cure) but also the music of two characters on the show who also have happen to have alblums they're currently promoting in real life, and the show immediately cuts to one of the characters pllaying a song off of the real alblum that they just released. This is a whole new level of product placement that I can't help but stand up and salute.
-Peyton ends the video by begging the kid to take care of Lucas. I'm sure a newborn is going to be the one to keep him off the edge. 'Hey Dad why don't you put the bottle of Jack down and change my diaper'
-Lucas freaks out at Peyton making a death video and refuses to marry her now because they're not just doing something 'just in case.' The logic being of course that if they get married she'll die. Man if you don't want to get married just say so.
-Lucas is sporting a particularly impressive faux-hawk in this episode
-In the first realistic sports touch in the show's history they have Nathan's NBDL game being scouted by the Clippers. I would have expected them to have him go right to the lakers. There's no way he ends up there of course, the show's not moving to LA, but still I appreciate the effort.
-This moment of realism is destroyed by the fact that they make the game well attended and covered by a television crew.
-Peyton has a baby shower. I really don't want to talk about it
-Skills has to take a 4th grader with a ventriloquist dummy on his date with Jaime's hot teacher. Does he get blocked by the kid constantly while pursuing his romatic conquest? He Does. Does the meal end with the kid saying "Mom Says I shouldn't eat Dairy" of course
-Hey I can watch the confessional of a fictional character from the 90210 reboot online. I guess we know my plans for the weekend!
-I haven't even mentioned that Brooke's psuedo adopted 17 year old decides to leave to live with her birth mother. Got a little dusty here if you know what I mean (really my apartment is a mess)
-Aaah, Lucas relents and decides to make an honest woman out of Peyton. I guess we know what the season finale is going to revolve around. I'm guessing a hurrican will hit.

Rating out of 10: a solid 13

No comments:

Post a Comment