Sunday, February 21, 2010

One Tree Hill: My attendance is bad, but my intentions are good

Well I was seriously considering giving up on the show as it hadn't been able to reach the demented lunacy of the previous season, but then I saw a story indicating that it might not get picked up after seven seasons (apparently averaging a one share will only get you so far) so I figured I should at least see it through to the end.

-Tonight's concurrent viewing - US vs. Canada hockey game. I burned a maple leaf in anticipation.
-USA USA USA. Goal in the first minute, suck on it Canada.
-According to the flashbacks I missed an episode, somehow I think I'll be okay.
-Haley's one sister's ex-husband just broke up with her other sister (the same one who slept with Nathan in high school). Soooo complicated. I think she hooks up with Jaime next.
-Ahhh, Sidney Crosby is pouting. Poor Baby. I love the unbridled jingoism of the Olympics.
-Julian is struggling to write the dialogue for a scene but 'it doesn't feel honest.' He and Brooke (who is working as the costume designer on his film even though she and Julian are 'taking some time off') then have the following conversation:

Julian: 'I don't think he says enough. He needs to convince her that he really loves her, but doesn't know the words'
Brooke: 'What are the words?'
Julian: 'I don't know yet but I will...The movie depends on it'

I see what you did there One Tree Hill...well played.
-Stupid Canucks, just scored to even it. It was quite a goal though.
-In Your Face Canada, right back at ya. Rafalski!!!!!
-Apparently Haley is having another baby, typical rock star can't keep from getting knocked up.
-Much like Lucas's book from last season Julian's film sucks. The alleged intense script is nothing more than a Lifetime movie knockoff. This will of course lead to the film winning an independent spirit award during a very special Sundance episode.
-Turns out Nathan likes Shrek 2...actually makes sense.
-Jaime runs down the list of people he misses (and no longer appear on the show) and shockingly it includes every black person who ever had more than two lines (granted there were only two, but still). This show probably isn't getting an NAACP image award any time soon.
-Ahhhh crap, canada just scored again.
-Haley's mom just shows up unannounced and in the most shocking twist ever is not just there for a visit. Baby, she's got a disease (in this case pancreatic cancer and has no options for treatment - this show is all about all or nothing). Helpfully this is not the kind of life threatening illness that will keep her from 'enjoying the time she has left.' If this leads to One Tree Hill having a special 'dealing with death' episode I'm all in favor of this development.
-Wow noted canadian Donald Sutherland is in attendance (at the game) now you know its special. This brings the list of people featured in the broadcast of an Olympic hockey qualifying game shown on MSNBC whose tax return I've worked on to...one.
-Waaahhh, the mother character who has never actually appeared on the show in its previous seven seasons is dying. I'm so sad.
-One of (soon to be) dead mom's final acts is to rent a space for Quinn to display her photographs. Because, you know, one thing regional north Carolina towns will support is a no-name's photography studio.
-Millie gets called plain by a customer at the storm and it throws her into a fit of depression that makes her almost snort some nose candy. Thankfully before she goes down that dark road she realizes she's 'not fine' and goes to NA. Touching.
-So when Alex is sad she does shots of water and sleeps with random guys (in this case Brooke's underline straight fashion designer). Hmmmm
-And we're done. I'm thinking about going back and watching the previous episode which apparently features an eighties themed high school alumni dance. Might be worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment