Sunday, February 7, 2010

One Tree Hill: Weeks Go by Like Days

Yeah I was going to blow this off and try to plow through the stack some more, but somehow writing snarky comments about mediocre television can be justified as being productive (in my mind at least). So here we go again:

-Wow the celtics are down 17 to the magic. Yes I am watching a game in the background again. Deal with it.
-We start with Haley on the road getting hyped up to go on stage by singing 'mama going to knock you out' with her roadies and family. Its kind like of how I get ready to go out with your mom.
-I do appreciate that rather than writing original songs for Haley to sing the the WB just has her sing songs by whatever indie band paid them enough to get promoted (In this case Flying Machine by Everly)
-We get a montage of what everybody's doing (haley on the road, Brooke has a new designer, Julian is out making a new movie and pining for Brooke, Alex is in rehab, and Clay is hustling clients by going to local playgrounds, Millie is being tried for drunk driving)
-Brooke meets Julian in the airport and then throws a hissie fit when she sees Alex.
-Ray Ray just got blocked by Dwight
-Victoria hires Millie as her assistant (which is apparently all it takes to get out of a DUI in North Carolina. I know that being employed is considered a big deal in the south, but come on)
-This episode is directed by Joe Davola - I knew he had big things ahead of him when I watched Seinfeld
-One Tree Hill would like to emphasize that the designer Brooke hired is straight. They do this by having her make fun of him for all his meaningless one night stands. That's right folks don't be afraid, no gays here.
-Thanks god all of Jaime's friends find him just as annoying as I do. He's basically been running his mouth constantly about being on the road and they get bored and go live their lives. These are some saavy six year olds.
-Ooh Alex is at a party...but its just to save Millie who was just about to go face first into a pile of blow, or as I like to call it thursday night. That's right I'm bad (goes and writes about this in Hello Kitty notebook).
-Puppy Bowl is on...hmmmm
-So is Coyote Ugly
-Alex makes Millie cry by telling her that she loves her (bow chicka wow wow). This has suddenly taken a turn for the sexy.
-Haley has Jaime announce her at her hometown gig. I was hoping he would get hit with a urine bomb.
-Ahhh we have another Everly song, I guess we know what album is coming out this week. I can't wait until Lil Wayne wants to promote on this show.
-Sweet Jesus apparently has a cover of Pat Benatar's 'We Belong.' Of course Haley has to sing it with three tympani players on stage. Nothing the kids like more than old eighties glam pop tunes.
-Julian finally gets tired of Brooke's psycho act and tells her off. About time. I mean I know they'll end up together but about time psycho got called on it.
-I'm still trying to get over the fact that they had Haley end her show with a cover of Pat Benatar tune (and with a glitter storm at the end no less). Maybe it is coming back.
-All of Jaime's friends like him again when they get backstage passes. I think he just learned an impressive lesson about buying people off.
-Ah they let the actress playing Haley doing one of her own songs for the encore. Probably contractual. After listening to the whole thing it was definitely contractual.
-Ahh Haley and Quinn's older sister is dating QUinn's ex-husband. She also slept with Nathan when they were in high school. Classy.

Update: You really have no idea what the We Belong cover was like, I have to embed it:

No comments:

Post a Comment