Sunday, July 4, 2010

Grownups

I went into this film with no expectations, and the only reason I acquiesced to see it is because there was the only other option was Twilight. Of course once I saw this trailer I knew that I was in trouble. Still I had a hope that it could be at least moderately entertaining since three of the leads (Sandler, rock, and Spade) can be really funny and it also had Salma Hayek which is generally a good thing. Unfortunately it really sucked. It didn't help that kevin James and Rob Schneider had the other two leads, but a poor script left the other guys feeling neutered and restrained. Also way too much of the film was devoted to trying to be a heartwarming family film, when in reality it should have just let the talent cut loose. Look its not the worst film ever, but its generally boring and not that funny. Look elsewhere for entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment