Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Office

So I just knocked out the entire UK office in about five days and obviously it was amazing but I was really struck by how much the US version has managed to differentiate itself. The UK version is rougher, the characters generally less likable, and given the constraints of the show (only having about ten hours of total content) you don't get as invested in the characters so their situation doesn't feel as tragic as the US version. Also while I found David hysterical, I get why the US version made michael softer and more sympathetic since six plus seasons of David might have killed me (not in a bad way, but he's a lot to sit through).

All that said I thought the UK christmas special was gold (particularly how they portray David dealing with his B-Level celebrity), and I fully intend to use 'as the actress said to the Bishop' instead of 'thats what she said' for the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment