Thursday, June 28, 2012

Safety not guaranteed

Here's a plot recap and pretty fair review.  I actually enjoyed this film quite a bit.  It's definitely slight and breezy, but it nicely balances the sci-fi elements with a light romance in a way that a bigger film most likely wouldn't have been able to.  Its not perfect. The B plot in particular is a little too on the nose, there are a few plot mechanics that don't quite make sense, and one really jarring cameo towards the end.  Those are just minor quibbles though, and overall it has a light sensibility that I found appealing.  I also have to give some props to Aubrey Plaza.  This easily could have just been more of her character from Parks and Recreation (which I love), but she manages to move beyond deadpan snarkiness and find some depth in the role.  I will now end any attempt a serious commentary.  I apologize for the detour.

So yeah, check it out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment