Friday, January 16, 2009

A Crime

Okay not really a media presentation but I did see someone commit a crime today. I was walking down a pretty big street on the way to lunch, when I passed a major clothing retailer that had some boxes out front filled with clothes and a sign that said '$5.' Just as I was passing the boxes a high school aged girl sprinted by me and, without breaking stride, pulled the top item off out of one of the boxes and proceeded to almost knock over three pedestrians as she sped away. Now granted this wasn't probably even a felony but a few thoughts crossed my mind while watching this act of petty larceny:

How did the thief even know what she took was going to fit? Did she come by earlier and put the item of clothing she wanted on top? Would she give it to a friend who it did fit? Would she try to return it? Would she keep doing run by's until she got the item she wanted? I need to know these things.

And obviously these weren't what we would consider high end items, was it really worth it to grab some piece of clothing that you might hate and risk (albeit a small one) getting busted? Damn kids and their rock and roll, I blame television.

No comments:

Post a Comment