Friday, January 23, 2009

Guilty Displeasures

Inspired by a recent Onion AV Club post (and the fact that I don't feel like working at the moment) I've decided to list some things that the general culture have decided are great art (or entertainment) that I just wasn't able to get into. In no particular order:

-There Will Be Blood - the ridiculously written pastor character killed it for me
-No Country for Old Men - 1st hour great, the rest ridiculous
-Bruce Springsteen - don't hate him, but I've just never really been that amazed either
-Any 'CSI' type show
-Dave Matthews Band
-Outkast
-2001: A Space Odyssey
-Coldplay - I really tried with these guys but I just can't see why you wouldn't just listen to Radiohead and U2 instead of an inferior ripoff
-Dr. Strangelove - to steal from the Onion list
-No Doubt - The 'Hey baby' sing still haunts my dreams
-30 Rock - Again not horrible, and I've only seen four or five episodes, but I just can't seem to get into it.
-John Feinstein
-Your Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment